Dow Chemical reports financial results for Q2
Meanwhile, EBITDA for the quarter rose to $2.4 billion while Operating EBITDA was recorded at $2.5 billion. Operating EBITDA margin rose to 19%, up 396 basis points on the year. Gains were attributed to strong margins in Performance Materials & Chemicals and Performance Plastics.
However, sales were down 13% to $12.9 billion on the year due to lower crude oil prices and the strong US dollar. On the other hand, sales rose 4% on a quarterly basis across all geographic areas.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand