Dow Chemical reports financial results for Q2
Meanwhile, EBITDA for the quarter rose to $2.4 billion while Operating EBITDA was recorded at $2.5 billion. Operating EBITDA margin rose to 19%, up 396 basis points on the year. Gains were attributed to strong margins in Performance Materials & Chemicals and Performance Plastics.
However, sales were down 13% to $12.9 billion on the year due to lower crude oil prices and the strong US dollar. On the other hand, sales rose 4% on a quarterly basis across all geographic areas.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May