Dow Chemical’s earnings exceed estimates in Q4
In the fourth quarter, company’s adjusted earnings were reported at 85 cents per share while analysts’ initial estimates called for earnings of 70 cents per share in a survey by Bloomberg. The company’s adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) also rose 15% on the year to $2.4 billion the fourth quarter of 2014 while net sales were reported almost unchanged at $14.38 billion when compared to 2013.
However, the company’s fourth quarter net income fell 24% year over year to $734 million, or 63 cents per share, when compared to $963 million, or 79 cents per share, in the same period of the previous year.
For the Performance Plastics segment, the company posted $5.5 billion in sales in the three months ending in December, a drop of 3% year over year. EBITDA for the sector was reported at $1.2 billion, down from $1.7 billion in the same quarter of the preceding year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns