Dow Chemical’s earnings exceed estimates in Q4
In the fourth quarter, company’s adjusted earnings were reported at 85 cents per share while analysts’ initial estimates called for earnings of 70 cents per share in a survey by Bloomberg. The company’s adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) also rose 15% on the year to $2.4 billion the fourth quarter of 2014 while net sales were reported almost unchanged at $14.38 billion when compared to 2013.
However, the company’s fourth quarter net income fell 24% year over year to $734 million, or 63 cents per share, when compared to $963 million, or 79 cents per share, in the same period of the previous year.
For the Performance Plastics segment, the company posted $5.5 billion in sales in the three months ending in December, a drop of 3% year over year. EBITDA for the sector was reported at $1.2 billion, down from $1.7 billion in the same quarter of the preceding year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question