Dow’s construction of new PE unit complete
The new PE unit, which has now entered into the commissioning phase, is expected to become fully operational in Q4 of 2017 and produce more volume to meet growing demand across the globe.
In the release, it is said that the unit will produce ELITE enhanced PE resins, which are versatile and high performance, to be used in various packaging applications for food, personal hygiene products and industrial packaging.
The company is also planning to start up a new 1.5 million tons/year ethylene facility in mid-2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September