Dow starts up new PE ELITE and ethylene units in Texas
The company’s ethylene plant has a production capacity of 1.5 million tons/year while ELITE is expected to produce 400,000 tons/year of PE. The new ethylene plant will become the largest ethylene unit in the world after it is expanded to 2 million tons/year in the following years, the company stated.
The new, world-scale ethylene facility ELITE is also the first of the company’s four derivative plants in Texas and Louisiana. Dow’s ELITE enhanced polyethylene resins are known for their versatility and high performance attributes and are used in multiple types of flexible food and industrial packaging applications.
Both units are expected to operate in full rates by the fourth quarter of 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets