Dow starts up new PE ELITE and ethylene units in Texas
The company’s ethylene plant has a production capacity of 1.5 million tons/year while ELITE is expected to produce 400,000 tons/year of PE. The new ethylene plant will become the largest ethylene unit in the world after it is expanded to 2 million tons/year in the following years, the company stated.
The new, world-scale ethylene facility ELITE is also the first of the company’s four derivative plants in Texas and Louisiana. Dow’s ELITE enhanced polyethylene resins are known for their versatility and high performance attributes and are used in multiple types of flexible food and industrial packaging applications.
Both units are expected to operate in full rates by the fourth quarter of 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF