Dow to invest in Argentina petchem complex
The maintenance project is expected to last for the next two years and increase the production reliability of its ethylene and PE units. The details about the size of the expansion and the start date have not been revealed.
Moreover, the company is reportedly planning to develop the technological modernization of its complex in order to reach the highest global standards.
Dow’s complex currently has a production capacity of 700,000 ton/year ethylene, 290,000 ton/year LLDPE, 270,000 tons/year HDPE and 90,000 ton/year LDPE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years