Dow to invest in Argentina petchem complex
The maintenance project is expected to last for the next two years and increase the production reliability of its ethylene and PE units. The details about the size of the expansion and the start date have not been revealed.
Moreover, the company is reportedly planning to develop the technological modernization of its complex in order to reach the highest global standards.
Dow’s complex currently has a production capacity of 700,000 ton/year ethylene, 290,000 ton/year LLDPE, 270,000 tons/year HDPE and 90,000 ton/year LDPE.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe