DowDuPont's profit declines in Q3
During the quarter, DowDuPont’s net income decreased 29% to $514 million from $719 million recorded in last year while the company’s earnings also fell 4% on a yearly basis.
Net sales, on the other hand, grew 23% to $15.35 billion from $12.48 billion in 2016. EBITDA also showed an increase of 7%, reaching $3.22 billion from $3.02 billion a year prior.
The downturn in profit was mostly attributed to higher feedstock and plant startup costs along with negative impacts of hurricanes which hit the Gulf Coast in August and September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East