DowDuPont's profit declines in Q3
During the quarter, DowDuPont’s net income decreased 29% to $514 million from $719 million recorded in last year while the company’s earnings also fell 4% on a yearly basis.
Net sales, on the other hand, grew 23% to $15.35 billion from $12.48 billion in 2016. EBITDA also showed an increase of 7%, reaching $3.22 billion from $3.02 billion a year prior.
The downturn in profit was mostly attributed to higher feedstock and plant startup costs along with negative impacts of hurricanes which hit the Gulf Coast in August and September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global PET markets surge on heels of costs, tightness
- SE Asia PP uptrend fueled by China’s strong return
- US PE offers back in the game in global markets
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise to 5-month high in October
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene