Downtrend for propylene continues in Asia despite maintenance season
A good number of crackers and PDH units in China, South Korea, Japan and Taiwan are scheduled to be shut for maintenance in the February-April period, which is supposed to exert upward pressure on propylene in Asia. However, players note that the spot market has defied the maintenance season so far and maintained its softening path given ample supplies in China where demand is reported to be lukewarm.
“Several PP producers across Asia either shut their plants or reduce operating rates nowadays due to negative margins or maintenance work. Hence demand for propylene has failed to improve,” some opined.
To track the most updated PP and propylene production news, please see PP Production News (For members only)
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy