E-Styrenics: We continue to procure styrene from UK’s New Perspective
The source stated, “New Perspective has been providing us with styrene monomer for the past two months while we are yet to deliver our output to them yet. We still have control over 50% of our production for distribution.”
He also confirmed that the local PE producer SIDPEC will be responsible for E-Styrenics’ styrene imports while they will only be responsible for financing.
E-Styrenics has a total PS production capacity of 200,000 tons/year, which is divided evenly by 100,000 tons/year between GPPS and HIPS.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand