E-Styrenics resumes offering to market
The source reported that the producer implemented decreases on its November offers from the last October levels and is open to negotiations depending on purchase volume. The producer’s November GPPS offers are standing at EGP20400-20740/ton on an ex-works Dekheila, cash basis. The producer’s dollar based offers, meanwhile, stand at $1200-1220/ton with the same terms.
“We had to adjust our offers following the floatation decision. Although we revised down our offers, players are not accepting new levels. We are offering within the market levels and we cannot reduce our prices further as we are determining our offers according to the costs and we have already bought some styrene at high levels. Therefore, we cannot issue any price reductions. Meanwhile, our plant is still shut, but we are delivering from our stocks since we have good stock levels to cover the market," also added the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets