E-Styrenics resumes offering to market
The source reported that the producer implemented decreases on its November offers from the last October levels and is open to negotiations depending on purchase volume. The producer’s November GPPS offers are standing at EGP20400-20740/ton on an ex-works Dekheila, cash basis. The producer’s dollar based offers, meanwhile, stand at $1200-1220/ton with the same terms.
“We had to adjust our offers following the floatation decision. Although we revised down our offers, players are not accepting new levels. We are offering within the market levels and we cannot reduce our prices further as we are determining our offers according to the costs and we have already bought some styrene at high levels. Therefore, we cannot issue any price reductions. Meanwhile, our plant is still shut, but we are delivering from our stocks since we have good stock levels to cover the market," also added the source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?