ECB cuts interest rates, extends stimulus package to March 2017
ECB president Mario Draghi stated in today’s meeting that the ECB would extend their €60 billion ($64.8 billion) per month bond-buying program to at least March 2017 in order to spur the bloc’s low inflation rate of around 0.1%, which is well below the Bank’s target of around 2%. However, the bank did not increase the size of their stimulus measures.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed