EEC agrees on draft decision for duty exemption to Kazakhstan
According to the draft decision, the duty exemption will be applied in the period from January 1 to December 31, 2015 while it will not be applicable for more than 100,000 tons of imported cargoes. The decision will exempt customs duties on HDPE pipe black grades for Kazakh producers while traders will continue to pay 6.5% customs duties for their imports.
The Council is expected to announce the official decision in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets