EIA cuts US oil production forecasts for 2015-16
The EIA also said that they expect to see lower oil production in 2015 and 2016 as the market is already oversupplied and lower crude oil prices in the face of ample supply are cutting into oil producers’ margins. The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is also producing above its target of 30 million bpd.
Meanwhile, the EIA cut its forecast for US oil output in 2015 and 2016 to 9.2 million bpd and 8.8 bpd respectively, down 1.5% from its previous estimates. According to the EIA, NYMEX crude oil futures will average $53.57/barrel in 2016, down 1.6% from its previous forecast while Brent oil prices will decline 1.4% from their earlier estimates to average around $58.57/barrel next year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months