EIA lowers US oil production forecasts for 2015-2016
The EIA reportedly cut their forecasts for 2015 oil production in the US to 530,000 barrels per day (bpd), down from a previous estimate of 550,000 bpd. For 2016, the agency revised its expectations for production growth to 20,000 bpd from 80,000 bpd.
Meanwhile, the EIA raised its forecasts for US oil demand growth in 2015 to 340,000 bpd from 330,000 bpd in last month. However, it lowered its demand growth forecast for 2016 to 70,000 bpd from 90,000 bpd.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports