EIA raises US oil production forecast for 2015, trims for 2016
In a separate report, the EIA stated that oil production from US shale fields would grow at its slowest pace in over four years starting in April and that production at the six largest shale sites is expected to hit 5.6 million bpd in April, an increase of less than 300 bpd over March.
The EIA also reported that West Texas Intermediate crude futures are expected to be at around $52.15/barrel in 2015, down from the agency’s previous forecast of $55.02/barrel.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets