ELEME’s April PP, PE offers down in Nigeria for first time in 8 months
Accordingly, ELEME’s new offers are standing at NGN661,000/ton ($2155/ton) for HDPE film and LLDPE film, at NGN658,000/ton ($2145/ton) for HDPE b/m, at NGN659,000/ton ($2148/ton) for HDPE inj., at NGN619,000/ton for ($2018/ton) for PP raffia, at NGN612,000/ton ($1995/ton) for inj. and at NGN647,000-663,000/ton ($2109-2161/ton) for PPBC inj, all on an ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
The trader also received new April PP offers from a South African producer at $1180-1190/ton for homo PP grades, down $100/ton from March.
“Supplies are comfortable while demand is poor for homo PP grades due to the off-season for this product. In addition, players are holding their purchases for now as they are anticipating further price falls over the medium term, which is weighing down on demand,” noted the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows