ELEME’s April PP, PE offers down in Nigeria for first time in 8 months
Accordingly, ELEME’s new offers are standing at NGN661,000/ton ($2155/ton) for HDPE film and LLDPE film, at NGN658,000/ton ($2145/ton) for HDPE b/m, at NGN659,000/ton ($2148/ton) for HDPE inj., at NGN619,000/ton for ($2018/ton) for PP raffia, at NGN612,000/ton ($1995/ton) for inj. and at NGN647,000-663,000/ton ($2109-2161/ton) for PPBC inj, all on an ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
The trader also received new April PP offers from a South African producer at $1180-1190/ton for homo PP grades, down $100/ton from March.
“Supplies are comfortable while demand is poor for homo PP grades due to the off-season for this product. In addition, players are holding their purchases for now as they are anticipating further price falls over the medium term, which is weighing down on demand,” noted the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets