ELEME’s April PP, PE offers down in Nigeria for first time in 8 months
Accordingly, ELEME’s new offers are standing at NGN661,000/ton ($2155/ton) for HDPE film and LLDPE film, at NGN658,000/ton ($2145/ton) for HDPE b/m, at NGN659,000/ton ($2148/ton) for HDPE inj., at NGN619,000/ton for ($2018/ton) for PP raffia, at NGN612,000/ton ($1995/ton) for inj. and at NGN647,000-663,000/ton ($2109-2161/ton) for PPBC inj, all on an ex-Port Harcourt, Nigeria, cash excluding 5% VAT basis.
The trader also received new April PP offers from a South African producer at $1180-1190/ton for homo PP grades, down $100/ton from March.
“Supplies are comfortable while demand is poor for homo PP grades due to the off-season for this product. In addition, players are holding their purchases for now as they are anticipating further price falls over the medium term, which is weighing down on demand,” noted the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record