EPC reveals PVC prices in Egypt
A source from the company said, “We see moderate demand for our cargoes from the local market, so we elected to maintain our prices for the first half of the month. Our PVC plant is currently running at 80-90% capacity and we have started to stock some cargoes at our warehouse.”
As noted in last week’s ChemOrbis PVC Polymer Digest, players were already expecting rollovers from the producer despite EPC’s initial comments about possible price hikes. Players were pointing to the slower local demand as well as more comfortable supply levels for their rollover expectations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount