EPC reveals PVC prices in Egypt
A source from the company said, “We see moderate demand for our cargoes from the local market, so we elected to maintain our prices for the first half of the month. Our PVC plant is currently running at 80-90% capacity and we have started to stock some cargoes at our warehouse.”
As noted in last week’s ChemOrbis PVC Polymer Digest, players were already expecting rollovers from the producer despite EPC’s initial comments about possible price hikes. Players were pointing to the slower local demand as well as more comfortable supply levels for their rollover expectations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally