EU car registrations continue to rise in Dec
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (13.1%), followed by Spain (9.3%), France (5.8%) and Germany (3.7%).
Meanwhile, new passenger car sales for the full 2016 increased by 6.8% on the year to reach 14,641,356 units. Among the major markets, Italy posted the biggest growth (15.8%) in 2016, followed by Spain (10.9%), France (5.1%), Germany (4.5%) and the UK (2.3%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe