EU car registrations fall in April
Four major markets posted decreases, with UK (19.8%), Germany (8%), France (6%) and Italy (4.6%) recording the largest declines while Spain posted a slight increase of 1.1%.
The data also showed that the new car registrations in the first four months of the year were up by 4.7% to stand at 5,332,854. The biggest growth was recorded in Italy (8%), Spain (6.1%), followed by Germany (2.5%), France (2.0%) and the United Kingdom (1.1%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe