EU car registrations fall in September
In terms of volume, last month’s figures fell short in comparison with the same period of last year. However, the agency stated that the record-breaking September 2016 figures comprised a high basis of comparison.
During January to September, new car registrations across the EU increased 3.7% on a yearly basis, with almost 11.1 million new vehicles being registered.
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (9%), followed by Spain (6.7%), France (3.9%) and Germany (2.2%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets