EU car registrations rebound in May
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Germany (12.9%), followed by Spain (11.2%), France (8.9%), and Italy (8.2%). However, the UK posted a decrease of 8.5%.
The data also showed that the new car registrations in the first five months of the year rose by 5.3% on the year to reach 6,719,209 units. Among the major markets, Italy posted the biggest growth (8.1%), followed by Spain (7.3%), Germany (4.7%), and France (3.3%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS