EU car registrations rise in August
In terms of volume, last month’s figures marked the European market’s best performance in a decade, surpassing those of August 2008.
During January to August, new car registrations across the EU grew 4.5% on a yearly basis, with more than 10 million new vehicles registered.
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (9.1%), followed by Spain (6.9%), France (4.2%) and Germany (1.9%). Meanwhile, the demand in the UK was down by 2.4%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect