EU car registrations rise in August
In terms of volume, last month’s figures marked the European market’s best performance in a decade, surpassing those of August 2008.
During January to August, new car registrations across the EU grew 4.5% on a yearly basis, with more than 10 million new vehicles registered.
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (9.1%), followed by Spain (6.9%), France (4.2%) and Germany (1.9%). Meanwhile, the demand in the UK was down by 2.4%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months