EU car registrations rise in August
In terms of volume, last month’s figures marked the European market’s best performance in a decade, surpassing those of August 2008.
During January to August, new car registrations across the EU grew 4.5% on a yearly basis, with more than 10 million new vehicles registered.
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (9.1%), followed by Spain (6.9%), France (4.2%) and Germany (1.9%). Meanwhile, the demand in the UK was down by 2.4%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov