EU car registrations rise in September: ACEA
This was the highest level recorded in the month of September in volume terms. Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (+17.4%), followed by Spain (+13.9%), Germany (+9.4%), France (+2.5%) and the UK (+1.6%).
Meanwhile, new passenger car sales increased 8.0% on the year to reach 11,243,263 units in the first nine months of 2016. Among the major markets, Italy posted the biggest growth (+17.4%) in the first three-quarters of the year, followed by Spain (+11.5%), Germany (+6.1%), France (+5.7%) and the UK (+2.6%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs