EU car registrations rise in September: ACEA
This was the highest level recorded in the month of September in volume terms. Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Italy (+17.4%), followed by Spain (+13.9%), Germany (+9.4%), France (+2.5%) and the UK (+1.6%).
Meanwhile, new passenger car sales increased 8.0% on the year to reach 11,243,263 units in the first nine months of 2016. Among the major markets, Italy posted the biggest growth (+17.4%) in the first three-quarters of the year, followed by Spain (+11.5%), Germany (+6.1%), France (+5.7%) and the UK (+2.6%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Sentiment cools off due to unpromising PP, PE demand in Türkiye
- China adds big PE capacities in 2023, just the tip of iceberg for 2024
- African PP, PE markets continue to rise in March under shadow of growing demand woes
- Vietnam local PP, PE markets stay on downtrend as demand still sluggish
- Subdued PP, PE demand weigh on March hikes in Europe
- Cost-driven hikes keep Asian PET bottle prices on uptrend for two weeks
- Global PP markets buckle up for massive capacity additions from China
- India PP, PE markets change direction in line with regional trends in Asia
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets extend gains into March amid squeezed supply
- European PS spirals down amid lower styrene, frail demand