EU car registrations rise slower in Feb
In major markets, new car registrations moved up only in Italy and Spain by 6.2% and 0.2% respectively in February while France, Germany and the UK saw respective decreases of 2.9%, 2.6% and 0.3%.
The new EU member states also made a visible contribution to the growth by 15.9%.
The data also showed that the new car registrations in the first two months of the year were up by 6.2% to stand at 2,248,040.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds