EU car registrations up in October
Accordingly, car registrations rose by 5.9% on a yearly basis to 1.17 million units following a decrease of 2% in September.
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Spain and France (13.7%), followed by Italy (7.1%) and Germany (3.9%). However, car sales in the UK posted a decrease of 12.2% on the back of uncertainties regarding Brexit as well as the weak pound sterling.
During January to October, new car registrations across the EU increased 3.9% on a yearly basis, with more than 12.8 million new vehicles being registered.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September