EU car registrations up in October
Accordingly, car registrations rose by 5.9% on a yearly basis to 1.17 million units following a decrease of 2% in September.
Across the region, the largest increase was seen in Spain and France (13.7%), followed by Italy (7.1%) and Germany (3.9%). However, car sales in the UK posted a decrease of 12.2% on the back of uncertainties regarding Brexit as well as the weak pound sterling.
During January to October, new car registrations across the EU increased 3.9% on a yearly basis, with more than 12.8 million new vehicles being registered.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month
- India PVC sees first hike attempts after weeks of declines
- Import PE increases lose momentum in China, except for LDPE
- Downtrend continues into July in Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets
- Pace of PS drops in Asia slackens; ABS downtrend in full swing