EU chemical production grows for first nine months of 2014
In the first nine months of this year, petrochemicals output in the EU declined 2.8% on a yearly basis while production of specialty chemicals and consumer chemicals rose 3.3% and 1.8%, respectively. On a yearly basis polymers expanded by 0.8%. Chemical industry confidence and capacity utilization in the EU, meanwhile, reached their highest level since the third quarter of 2011.
However, Cefic cut their growth estimates for EU chemicals production in 2015 from 1.5% to 1%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand