EU chemical production grows for first nine months of 2014
In the first nine months of this year, petrochemicals output in the EU declined 2.8% on a yearly basis while production of specialty chemicals and consumer chemicals rose 3.3% and 1.8%, respectively. On a yearly basis polymers expanded by 0.8%. Chemical industry confidence and capacity utilization in the EU, meanwhile, reached their highest level since the third quarter of 2011.
However, Cefic cut their growth estimates for EU chemicals production in 2015 from 1.5% to 1%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Softer expectations take hold of Europe’s PE market for November
- Asia PS, ABS markets under pressure from multi-year low styrene
- US PE exports to continue to dominate Q4 market outlook
- Taiwanese major sells out Nov PVC quota to India ahead of Diwali
- Will Asian spot ethylene markets pull back from 10-year lows?
- October hikes prove short-lived in Europe’s PP market
- Firming PE trend stumbles, medium-term expectations stifled in Turkey
- PET prices fail to rebound from near 3-year low in Asia, Europe
- African PP, PE markets start Q4 in limbo amid varying pricing policies
- Will Taiwanese major roll over November PVC offers?