EU commercial vehicle registrations drop by 4.2% in Dec
Data showed that demand for new commercial vehicles increased in Germany (4.7%) and Spain (2.3%) while it decreased in Italy (9.4%) and France (2.1%) in December.
In 2020, the EU commercial vehicle market shrank by 18.9% on an annual basis to stand at 1.7 million units. This was because of the fact that the pandemic weighed heavily on the automotive industry during last year.
All major EU markets saw visible contractions in 2020. Among the four major markets, Spain was hit the hardest (26.1%), followed by France (16.9%), Italy (15.1%) and Germany (14.8%).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May