EU grants three-month extension for Brexit
However, the decision is expected to be formalised through a written procedure, Tusk stated.
On October 17, the EU and the UK reached a new Brexit agreement, which required regulatory approvals from EU and British Parliament. However, the House of Commons refused to vote for the new draft deal on October 21, forcing Prime Minister Boris Johnson to ask the EU for an extension to the previous Brexit deadline, October 31, 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year