EU grants three-month extension for Brexit
However, the decision is expected to be formalised through a written procedure, Tusk stated.
On October 17, the EU and the UK reached a new Brexit agreement, which required regulatory approvals from EU and British Parliament. However, the House of Commons refused to vote for the new draft deal on October 21, forcing Prime Minister Boris Johnson to ask the EU for an extension to the previous Brexit deadline, October 31, 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient