EU grants three-month extension for Brexit
However, the decision is expected to be formalised through a written procedure, Tusk stated.
On October 17, the EU and the UK reached a new Brexit agreement, which required regulatory approvals from EU and British Parliament. However, the House of Commons refused to vote for the new draft deal on October 21, forcing Prime Minister Boris Johnson to ask the EU for an extension to the previous Brexit deadline, October 31, 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe