EU leaders seek to finalize FTA with US by end 2015
Under what would be the world’s biggest trade deal, the US and the EU will be mutually exempted from customs duties and leaders hope that this will open up new markets for exporters and businesses.
However, there are some concerns in several countries that local industries or welfare systems could be negatively affected by the new deal, which has met opposition from some sectors of opinion within the EU.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019