EU lifts growth forecasts for eurozone
As per the union’s recent forecasts, the eurozone economy will grow by 1.3% this year and 1.9% in 2016, both up 0.2% when compared to the growth forecasts reported in November.
The EU reportedly raised their growth estimates for the region’s largest economies, including Germany, France and Spain, while the union lowered its growth forecast for Greece to 2.5% from 2.9% this year due to economic uncertainty following the recent elections.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record