EU raises 2015 economic growth forecasts for eurozone
According to the EU, the region’s gross domestic product will grow 1.5% in 2015 compared with their most recent forecast of 1.3% in February. The fastest growing economies are expected to be Spain and Ireland. Among the region’s leading economies, Germany’s economy will grow 1.9%, up from the EU’s latest projection of 1.5%.
However, the EU cut their growth forecast for Greece from 2.5% to 0.5% for 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs