EXIM Thailand to finance new PET plant in Indonesia
The $55 million credit facility is expected to support the company’s investment in a new plant in Indonesia with a production capacity of 44,000 tons/year. The new plant will meet greater demand for PET film in ASEAN markets and the output will also be exported to other destinations including South Korea, the US, and the EU.
The new plant will be the company’s sixth plant in addition to the existing five plants in India, the US, Turkey, and Thailand with a combined PET film production capacity of 214,800 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey