Early July expectations voiced in the West European PVC market
A distributor in Switzerland is giving offers for Central European PVC up €20/ton from May at €810-880/ton for k67, at €840-900/ton for k58 and k64-65 and at €870-900/ton for k70, all on an FD, 60 days deferred payment basis. “We experienced difficulty in making deliveries in France due to the strikes at the beginning of the month, but the situation there is improving. Our Central European supplier has limited availability for now and they are seeking to build up some stocks ahead of a planned maintenance shutdown in September. We think that PVC prices might track a stable trend in July,” he noted.
An agent of a South European producer in Belgium concluded some June PVC deals up €20-25/ton from May after toning down his initial hike requests of up to €35/ton. The distributor commented that demand is normal and the outlook is stable for July, assuming that producers will seek to maintain their prices even if ethylene contracts settle lower.
A converter in the Netherlands received offers for June PVC contracts from different West European suppliers with increases between €20-30/ton at €840-890/ton for k67 and k58 on an FD basis. For July, the converter commented that he expects PVC prices to be rolled over from June, adding that he is planning to obtain stable levels even if ethylene contracts settle higher.
A packaging producer in Germany reported receiving offers for PVC contracts with increases of €30/ton for June in the range of €840-900/ton for k64-65 and k58 and €850-900/ton for k70 from different West European suppliers on an FD, 30 days deferred payment basis. The converter stated that he will negotiate to pay smaller increases of €10-20/ton considering the ethylene settlement.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years