Effective date of FTA between Turkey, Malaysia becomes clear
Following the completion of the internal approval process and the publication of the decision in the official gazette, the parties’ Ministries of Foreign Affairs will notify each other mutually. In case that the notifications are completed within this month, the agreement will be effective as of the first day of the second month from the date of confirmation, namely August 1, 2015.
In line with the approved agreement, HDPE, PP copolymer, PS, EPS, ABS, PVC and PET products will be subject to zero tariffs with immediate effect while custom duties on homo-PP, LLDPE and LDPE products will be reduced gradually in the following four years as of the effective date of the agreement.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East