Effective date of FTA between Turkey, Malaysia becomes clear
Following the completion of the internal approval process and the publication of the decision in the official gazette, the parties’ Ministries of Foreign Affairs will notify each other mutually. In case that the notifications are completed within this month, the agreement will be effective as of the first day of the second month from the date of confirmation, namely August 1, 2015.
In line with the approved agreement, HDPE, PP copolymer, PS, EPS, ABS, PVC and PET products will be subject to zero tariffs with immediate effect while custom duties on homo-PP, LLDPE and LDPE products will be reduced gradually in the following four years as of the effective date of the agreement.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use