Egypt, Jordan and Iraq sign MOU for oil and gas cooperation
Through the new agreement, Iraq aims to increase their oil and natural gas production as well as to regain market share lost in previous years while Egypt aims to meet increasing domestic energy demand.
The parties also agreed to build a new oil pipeline starting from Iraq’s southern city of Basra to Zarqa in Jordan and then to Aqaba, from which it would be extended to Egypt. The new pipeline will reportedly shorten transportation distance and reduce costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?