Egypt awards Italy’s Technip with two refinery contracts
Technip signed a joint agreement with Midor, Middle East Oil Refinery, for the modernization and expansion of its Alexandria refinery, which has a processing capacity of 100,000 bbl/day. Technip will be responsible for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) phase of the project.
The joint agreement is worth an estimated $1.4 billion dollars and calls for Technip to improve the production quality of the refinery as well as boosting its refining capacity by 60% to 160,000 bbl/day.
In addition, Technip has also finalized an agreement with the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) and Assiut Oil Refining Company (ASORC) in order to modernize the 104,000 bbl/day Assiut refinery located in Upper Egypt. The $1.5 billion dollar project aims at maximizing the production of diesel. Technip will be responsible for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) phase of the project.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets