Egypt awards Italy’s Technip with two refinery contracts
Technip signed a joint agreement with Midor, Middle East Oil Refinery, for the modernization and expansion of its Alexandria refinery, which has a processing capacity of 100,000 bbl/day. Technip will be responsible for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) phase of the project.
The joint agreement is worth an estimated $1.4 billion dollars and calls for Technip to improve the production quality of the refinery as well as boosting its refining capacity by 60% to 160,000 bbl/day.
In addition, Technip has also finalized an agreement with the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) and Assiut Oil Refining Company (ASORC) in order to modernize the 104,000 bbl/day Assiut refinery located in Upper Egypt. The $1.5 billion dollar project aims at maximizing the production of diesel. Technip will be responsible for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) phase of the project.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene heads south, propylene yet to follow
- Early reactions to Turkey’s dumping case on Saudi Arabian LDPE
- October PET deals concluded with moderate increases in Europe
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties