Egypt awards Italy’s Technip with two refinery contracts
Technip signed a joint agreement with Midor, Middle East Oil Refinery, for the modernization and expansion of its Alexandria refinery, which has a processing capacity of 100,000 bbl/day. Technip will be responsible for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) phase of the project.
The joint agreement is worth an estimated $1.4 billion dollars and calls for Technip to improve the production quality of the refinery as well as boosting its refining capacity by 60% to 160,000 bbl/day.
In addition, Technip has also finalized an agreement with the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) and Assiut Oil Refining Company (ASORC) in order to modernize the 104,000 bbl/day Assiut refinery located in Upper Egypt. The $1.5 billion dollar project aims at maximizing the production of diesel. Technip will be responsible for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) phase of the project.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF