Egypt extends nationwide curfew by two weeks
Curfew hours will begin one hour later, at 8pm, and run until 6am to help avoid crowding during rush-hours.
Under the curfew, shopping malls and other commercial centres will be required to close by 5pm and they will be closed all day on weekends.
A closure of schools and universities and the suspension of flights will also be extended to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The night-time curfew was first enacted on March 25.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey