Egypt’s August inflation reaches 7-year high of 15.5%
Data from the state run agency CAPMAR shows that consumer prices increased by 1.9% on a monthly basis. Food and beverage prices also posted monthly and yearly increases in August, respectively at 1.6% and 19.3%.
Egypt’s government has been trying to clear an International Monetary Fund loan worth $12 billion, however, part of the package includes a new value-added tax which is expected to add to inflation figures. The government has promised economic reforms to stimulate the economy which has been struggling since 2011.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high