Egypt’s Carbon Holding awards CBI for proposed styrene plant
The output from the plant will be used in domestic market for the production of synthetic rubber and advanced plastics, reported Basil El-Baz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Carbon Holdings.
Previously, Carbon Holding awarded a contract to CB&I for designing a PP unit located in Ain Sokhna, Egypt which is expected to have a production capacity of 350,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops