Egypt’s Carbon Holding awards CBI for proposed styrene plant
The output from the plant will be used in domestic market for the production of synthetic rubber and advanced plastics, reported Basil El-Baz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Carbon Holdings.
Previously, Carbon Holding awarded a contract to CB&I for designing a PP unit located in Ain Sokhna, Egypt which is expected to have a production capacity of 350,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS