Egypt’s Carbon Holdings negotiates Emirati investment
Tahrir Petrochemical Complex investments are estimated to total around $6.8 billion and 65% of project funding will be obtained through banks, while 35% will be self-funded or from foreign-government funds, including the potential UAE contribution. The construction work of the project will start in early 2015 and is planned to take around 45 months.
The complex will produce 1.35 million tons/year of PE, 960,000 tons/year PP, around 400,000 tonnes of petrol, and 215,000 tons/year butadiene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September