Egypt’s Central Bank limits dollar deposits to defend the pound
In line with the recent limitations, the individuals and companies will not be allowed to deposit over $10,000 per day or $50,000 per month in Egypt’s banks, with media reports adding that the rate is expected to remain unchanged at this level until March.
As of the time of press, the Egyptian pound was trading at around 7.63 to the dollar while black market rates were said to be around 7.8 to 7.9 against the dollar.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use