Egypt’s Customs Authority to complete draft law in 2 weeks
It is hoped that the law will be issued before the parliamentary elections as it does not include many articles. Plus, the law was previously discussed with businessmen and the Federation of Egyptian Industry (FEI) and there was said to be broad agreement regarding its terms.
“The draft law will allow payment of taxes in stages to encourage investors. A postponement of customs tax payments for one month will also be allowed in return for a letter of guarantee submitted by the importer,” added Abdel Aziz.
According to Abdel Aziz, the draft law also contains tough penalties for smuggling operations with an article requiring restrictions and strict financial penalties as deterrence for violators.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East