Egypt’s Customs Authority to complete draft law in 2 weeks
It is hoped that the law will be issued before the parliamentary elections as it does not include many articles. Plus, the law was previously discussed with businessmen and the Federation of Egyptian Industry (FEI) and there was said to be broad agreement regarding its terms.
“The draft law will allow payment of taxes in stages to encourage investors. A postponement of customs tax payments for one month will also be allowed in return for a letter of guarantee submitted by the importer,” added Abdel Aziz.
According to Abdel Aziz, the draft law also contains tough penalties for smuggling operations with an article requiring restrictions and strict financial penalties as deterrence for violators.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops