Egypt’s E-Styrenics announces November GPPS prices
A source from the producer reported, “We took stagnant market conditions into consideration as well as the appreciation of the US dollar against the EGP, which also underlined the weak state of the market, when deciding on our new November levels.” The producer’s plant is still shut and they continue to deliver from their existing stocks. According to the source, they have no immediate restart plans.
However, players noted that E-Styrenics’ prices lack a competitive edge compared with the prevailing offers for import PS. Currently, import Asian GPPS prices stand at $1130-1180/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East