Egypt’s E-Styrenics announces November GPPS prices
A source from the producer reported, “We took stagnant market conditions into consideration as well as the appreciation of the US dollar against the EGP, which also underlined the weak state of the market, when deciding on our new November levels.” The producer’s plant is still shut and they continue to deliver from their existing stocks. According to the source, they have no immediate restart plans.
However, players noted that E-Styrenics’ prices lack a competitive edge compared with the prevailing offers for import PS. Currently, import Asian GPPS prices stand at $1130-1180/ton on a CIF, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe