Egypt’s E-Styrenics hints at August PS pricing
This week, a source from E-Styrenics said that they are keeping their July prices stable but added that they might consider a price reduction for August given the globally decreasing trend. “We are still experiencing a styrene monomer shortage and therefore, our plant is still shut. We are not sure when we will be able to restart our plant. Coming back to the market, overall demand has performed very badly during July both in the local and export markets. The Ramadan holidays in Egypt and Turkey further slowed down trade. Buyers, expecting further decreases in the days ahead, prefer to be sidelined from the market,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East