Egypt’s E-Styrenics hints at August PS pricing
This week, a source from E-Styrenics said that they are keeping their July prices stable but added that they might consider a price reduction for August given the globally decreasing trend. “We are still experiencing a styrene monomer shortage and therefore, our plant is still shut. We are not sure when we will be able to restart our plant. Coming back to the market, overall demand has performed very badly during July both in the local and export markets. The Ramadan holidays in Egypt and Turkey further slowed down trade. Buyers, expecting further decreases in the days ahead, prefer to be sidelined from the market,” he added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops