Egypt’s E-Styrenics issues Dec GPPS offers, operations still halted
A source from the producer reported that their December PS prices remain stable at $1200-1220/ton for GPPS injection on an ex-works Dekhelia, cash basis. The source also reported that they stopped giving offers on EGP basis due to the fluctuating parity.
“We have stopped offering on EGP basis due to the unstable dollar parity which is changing our costs on a daily basis and we elected to offer on dollar basis only. Our plant is still shut and we are delivering from our stocks to the market. However, we have resumed our export business as of this week and demand is good,” added the producer source.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period