Egypt’s E-Styrenics reveals May GPPS prices
A source from the producer commented, “Our PS plant is still shut and we continue to deliver from our existing stocks. However, we are planning to restart our plant at the end of May. Overall demand in the market is still thin. PS prices are globally decreasing and market players are very cautious towards their fresh purchases.”
Previously, E-Styrenics had confirmed signing a contract with a UK based company, New Perspective, for the supply of styrene monomer. E-Styrenics has kept its plant shut since April 2015 due to styrene monomer constraints.
New Perspective is to supply E-Styrenics with roughly 100,000 tons of styrene and the British company will have the marketing rights for E-Styrencis’ production for both export and local markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows