Egypt’s E-Styrenics reveals May GPPS prices
A source from the producer commented, “Our PS plant is still shut and we continue to deliver from our existing stocks. However, we are planning to restart our plant at the end of May. Overall demand in the market is still thin. PS prices are globally decreasing and market players are very cautious towards their fresh purchases.”
Previously, E-Styrenics had confirmed signing a contract with a UK based company, New Perspective, for the supply of styrene monomer. E-Styrenics has kept its plant shut since April 2015 due to styrene monomer constraints.
New Perspective is to supply E-Styrenics with roughly 100,000 tons of styrene and the British company will have the marketing rights for E-Styrencis’ production for both export and local markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high