Egypt’s E-Styrenics reveals May GPPS prices
A source from the producer commented, “Our PS plant is still shut and we continue to deliver from our existing stocks. However, we are planning to restart our plant at the end of May. Overall demand in the market is still thin. PS prices are globally decreasing and market players are very cautious towards their fresh purchases.”
Previously, E-Styrenics had confirmed signing a contract with a UK based company, New Perspective, for the supply of styrene monomer. E-Styrenics has kept its plant shut since April 2015 due to styrene monomer constraints.
New Perspective is to supply E-Styrenics with roughly 100,000 tons of styrene and the British company will have the marketing rights for E-Styrencis’ production for both export and local markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic